Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blogging these quotes

I read a lot and I read mostly SF and fantasy. I should read more other stuff, but that's the way it is. However, one thing I notice about some of my favorite authors is that they have a way of putting things that seems just right. Often, they can take a scientific concept and put it in a real world context, at least real in the speculative world the author is creating. I often say I want to write these down and so here is the place I am doing it.

One of the reasons I am blogging these quotes is to help me remember them. I think that the somatic modality of typing them into the computer will help me remember them. I hope so. Things slip out of the memory so easily these days. I guess they always did, but now I worry more about it as I get older.

And then again, maybe this is just an effort to put a little discipline into my writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home