Monday, April 14, 2008

Next books

Hi,

I am a bit sorry about not writing for a while. I have been reading, but there hasn't seemed to be much that I want to share. For some of the authors, I think that is a bit disappointing. For others, it is that what I liked was not the turn of phrase, but the general story. This is especially true of satirical works.  I have also beent ravelling, having returned to CA for two weeks and then off to a week in Dubai. Then back for the start of school.

But all of that is about to change. I am reading one of my favorite authors, Kim Stanley Robinson. When I read his books I often want to mark stuff down and put it on paper so I can keep it after I close the book. He is a very preceptive observer of humanity and well versed in science of all sorts. I have started reading his latest series: Forty Signs of Rain, Fifty Degrees Below, and Sixty Days and Counting.

And I pulled out my page points. (They were originally sold by Levenger, but they changed their design and I like this design better. IT seems to me to be the original design.) I have been carrying them around so I can mark what I read for posting here. I will pull out the first few quotes today and then let in a few more over the next days and weeks.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home