Friday, June 20, 2008

Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson

It was a mistake to speak one's mind at any time, unless it perfectly matched your political purpose; and it never did. Best to strip all statements of real content, this was a basic law of diplomacy.

p. 379

Are there people who always have a political purpose? What a weird thing. I guess this is one reason I have trouble in meetings and school politics. I know that I am hard for many Japanese to understand. I always say what I mean or keep silent. I where my agenda on my sleeve. Some Japanese are always trying to figure out what I rally mean and what my real agenda is. I am also crippled because I take everything everyone says at face value. Do I have political Asperger's Syndrome?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home